Minutes of October 2016
UPPER NIDDERDALE PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk: MRS. SYBIL WHITING
17 GROSVENOR PARK, BOROUGHBRIDGE ROAD, RIPON, HG4 1UF
Tel: 01765 698565 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON MONDAY 10 OCTOBER 2016
IN RAMSSGILL VILLAGE HALL
1. PRESENT Cllr S Ramsden,(Chairman) Cllr D Fothergill, Cllr J Graham, Cllr C Lamb, Cllr A Challis,
Cllr J Carter, Cllr J Fort (NYCC) Cllr S Lumley (HBC) and Parishioner Mr P Nethercoat
2. APOLOGIES Mrs S. Whiting (Parish Clerk) due to illness, Cllr B. Harrison.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST FOR AGENDA ITEMS None. Cllr Ramsden reminded Councillors the need to declare items on the Agenda before the item is discussed, and must be adhered to, Cllr Lumley advised training sessions available for Parish Councillors at Harrogate Borough Council if training required.
4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING the minutes for 12th September 2016 were proposed by Cllr Lamb, seconded by Cllr A Challis and signed by Cllr Ramsden as a true and accurate copy, agreed by all Councillors present
5. MATTERS ARISING Cllr Lumley enquired if the vacancy for a replacement Parish Clerk had been advertised, and Cllr Ramsden confirmed that it had been advertised.
Mr Peter Nethercoat was adopted as Parish Councillor, and all appropriate forms to be fully completed, and finalised and then forwarded to Harrogate Borough Council, Cllr Ramsden then formally welcomed Mr Nethercoat to the Parish Council.
Parish Council still awaiting a response in relation to recent correspondence to Sir Gary Verity, re possible route for the Tour de Yorkshire to incorporate the road from Pateley Bridge to Lofthouse, and then onto Masham, via Tapping Hill.
Vacancy for Parish Clerk, Cllr Ramsden advised the Council that 1 Applicant had rescinded their application, and Mr Alan Bean currently in the process of being appointed.
Work still in progress in relation to Bank Mandate for additional signatures of Cllr Ramsden & Cllr Challis to be added to the Bank Mandate.
6. COUNCILLORS REPORTS – Cllr Fort (NYCC) reported that he shares everyone’s concerns on our Highways issues, and has a meeting scheduled this month with the Director to discuss.
Discussions also taking place with Police Commissioner and Fire Minister in relation to recent suggestions of a merger with North Yorkshire and Humberside.
Ambulance Service Concerns, In relation to Emergency response times.
No decision yet in relation to the query raised re Ramsgill Green.
Cllr Lumley (HBC) outlined draft statement re Local Plan which if adopted is to be a “20 year plan” The Parish Council to have received a copy, and 5 categories’ for consultation upon, deadline to respond to the consultation is Christmas 2016 The Local Plan can be viewed online at Harrogate.gov.uk and a series of Road Shows are to be held in the next few weeks.
Cllr Lumley also reported that within the District Development Plan that any more houses in excess of 10 are considered as a large development. Cllr Fort suggested that when available, a special meeting should be held with this as a 1 agenda item.
Cllr Challis raised concerns regarding commuted sums under the new scheme, and discussions took place in relation to local community groups having to make a bid for funds, and the impact this has on the local community, as Harrogate Borough Council designate where allocated, and the process that may need to be followed.
Cllr Lumley suggested updated list should be requested for revised figures on commuted sums. Future List where further investment may be required, will be contained within the SIL
No amendments made yet in relation to the Website.
to be in operation middle of 2017 The “District Development Plan” which will be sent to Parish Council’s for Consultation.
Cllr Lamb asked for an update in relation to repairs the Parish Notice Boards, and Cllr Carter advised this work was in progress. Also asked for an update in relation to the Ramsgill war memorial and the photographs taken on 7th February 2016 to be discussed at next month’s meeting.
7. HIGHWAYS New regional Supervisor appointed Malcolm Smith, Cllr Lumley has met him and raised concerns re the outstanding repairs required.
Cllr Graham reported damage to Summerstone Bridge, Cllr Fort to check that it has been reported to NYCC.
Cllr Challis also reported repairs need carrying out to the pot hole situated at the side of Stean Bridge, and this was noted by Cllr Fort.
8. PLAYGROUNDS Cllr Ramsden advised that he still needed to have some discussion regarding the recent repairs at Lofthouse.
Cllr Challis Reported that the grass cutting had taken place in the last few days, leaving the ground in a poor condition, photographs to be taken and forwarded to the clerk to follow up. A “NO DOGS” sign is required at Lofthouse, agreement from Parish Councillors for this to be purchased and erected.
Recent Playgrounds inspection reports also submitted to Cllr Ramsden.
9. PARISH CARETAKER Parish Caretakers Insurance Liability Certificate still to be forwarded.
Cllr Carter to contact Caretaker to request and estimate of the cost to remove saplings from all the road sides from the Bridge Inn to the top of the dale.
Parish Clerk to also write to Yorkshire Water requesting Saplings Removal.
Cllr Challis reported that a missing rail on the “Old Canteen fence”
10. MILLENNIUM MARQUEE Cllr Fothergill raised a query regarding a cash payment of £150 on 29th April 2016, this was confirmed and verified as received by Cllr Ramsden from the appropriate bank statement.
No further bookings at present for 2016
11. PINFOLDS Ramsgill and Middlesmoor no issues noted.
12. PLANNING 3 planning applications received for the removal of the Telephone Boxes at Wath, Ramsgill, and Lofthouse. Councillors concerned regarding the potential removal. Cllr Fothergill proposed to Object to the 3 Applications, and also note on the objection, that they are considered as a lifeline for people in remote areas, especially for those who do not have mobile telephones, and that they should be considered as a social responsibility. This was seconded by Cllr Carter.
31/08/16 £2,022.02 PC Funds £10,148.42
31/08/16 £8,825.84. MM Fund £ 1,936.03
Cheque received £100 from Lofthouse, and Middlesmoor Cricket Club
Balance of Community Account at 30/09/16 £2,022.13
Balance of Business Account at 30/09/16 £10,062.22
PC Funds 10,148.42
MM Fund 1,936.03
Millennium Marque 150.00
2nd Part of Precept 2020.00
PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL Notification of a Direct Debit payment of £65.00 for NYCC in respect of School Playing field as at 30th September 2016. To be listed as an Agenda item for next months meeting.
Councillors agreed the Bank Statement balances and Cllr Ramsden signed the Bank Statement.
Budget 2017/18 to be discussed at next month’s meeting.
14. CORRESPONDENCE Nothing available for discussion.
15. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE INVITED TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, none present
16. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS None
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING MONDAY 14th November 2016 AT 7.30 PM AT LOFTHOUSE VILLAGE HALL
RESIDENTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO ATTEND ANY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
Meeting closed at 21.35
SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………… DATE ……………………………………
COUNCILLOR S. RAMSDEN CHAIRMAN MONDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2016