Your Parish Councillors are here to help and to represent you. Find out what they do by reading the agendas and minutes and how you can have your say in local matters.
If we aren’t the correct authority to deal with your query, we will happily point you in the right direction, and represent you if necessary.
Here is a brief overview of the areas we can help with
Parish Council Services:
· Allotments – managed by a committee, audited by the Council.
· Parks and Recreation – playing fields at Pateley Bridge and Glasshouses.
· Public Seating – position and maintenance.
· Memorial Seats – position and maintenance.
· Planning – liaison with Harrogate Borough Council(HBC).
· Planning Enforcement – monitor and report possible breaches of planning regulations.
· Parish Caretaker – small maintenance and improvement works.
· Bus Shelters – maintenance and cleaning.
· Car Parks – management of annual tickets for local residents.
· Housing – social housing local connection allocation.
· Mayor’s Fund – allocation of grants for local good causes.
· Highways & Services – liaison with HBC & North Yorkshire County Council.
· Grass Cutting – plan and provide maintenance of public areas.
· Commuted Sums – liaison with parish partners, agree allocation of budget and appropriate projects.
· Community Support – provide budgetary and human resources on committees and local charities.