Minutes for September 2018

Minutes from September 2018 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 608512 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 10th September 2018 at Middlesmoor Village Hall at 7.30pm

  1. PRESENT Cllr R Watson (Chairman), Cllr S Ramsden (Vice Chairman), Cllr A Sykes, Cllr P Nethercoat, Cllr J Graham, Cllr D Fothergill, Cllr J Carter, Cllr B Harrison, Cllr A Challis, Cllr S Lumley



  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Proposed Cllr S Ramsden, Second Cllr B Harrison

  5. ADDED MEETING ITEMS A large number of members of the public were present at this meeting along with representatives of the fire service

    1. Local Fire Service – The Fire service explained that Yorkshire Water owns the property, which currently needs £60,000 of work to get it back to be useable, health and safety wise. The Fire Service and Yorkshire Water have both agreed to put £30,000 towards updating, if enough volunteers can be found. Lofthouse is one of only two volunteer stations in North Yorkshire. The governing body is wanting Lofthouse to continue, according to Cllr S Lumley. It was pointed out that restructuring of the emergency services is taking place soon, however the person who will be in charge has already stated there is no intension to alter already agreed improvements or ongoing work of the services. There is a meeting in September which may include Lofthouse, but no decisions are due to be made, according to Cllr Lumley

    2. The Lofthouse School Head Teacher was invited to this meeting, but had arranged a meeting at the school regarding ongoing issues of moving pupils to St Cuthberts. Some members of the council went to this meeting and reported the Head Teacher was totally unaware of the problems this would cause, and the strength of feeling of locals. No finance or plans had been put in place. The head has agreed to attend the next council meeting to restate what is and isn’t happening.

  6. MATTERS ARISING New recycling is now working well for the area

  7. COUNCILLORS REPORTS Cllr S Lumley stated Kex Gill is in need of repairs which will involve a road closure for a minimum of 1 day, Other days will be covered with single lane traffic. Cllr J Carter has so far raised £500 for a DeFib and is awaiting response from the Lions, which are doing funding towards DeFibs

  1. RIGHTS OF WAY Letter sent to Dr Smith

  2. HIGHWAYS Lofthouse to Masham road repairs are planned to be done under warranty next year, due to winter weather etc.

  3. PLAYGROUNDS REPORT Both reports handed in

  4. PARISH CARETAKER Bill received for previous work. Himalayan Balsam has been seen spreading near reservoir, This needs looking into, plus Caretaker to look into bushes at wall nr Low and High Sykes

  5. RAMSGILL GREEN Statement of council is being reviewed, and to be reviewed by full council at next meeting

  6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS 18/03412/FUL Mr S Beer How Stean Gorge. placing of a static caravan. Council is happy with this, but as Static Caravans can deteriorate if not maintained, added planning to be on a temporary basis for 10 years

  7. MILLENIUM MARQUEE 2 cheques received, £100 each

  8. PINFOLD nothing to report

  9. WEBSITE New email to be be live from after next meeting.



ACCOUNTS DETAILS as per statements received up to 31/7/18

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 31/7/18 £ 2324.12

Balance of Business Account at 31/7/18 £ 5412.67

£ 7736.79

RECEIPT Interest 0.14p


Invoice For Parish Clerk, £186.99

Invoice for Caretaker £120.00

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA Lofthouse Art Group are up for financial help, They need your vote www.skiptongrp.co.uk

  3. NEXT MEETING 8th October2018 at Ramsgill Village Hall at 7.30pm

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated……………………………….…