Minutes for July 2021

Minutes from July 2021 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 608512 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 12TH July 2021 at Ramsgill Village Hall at 7.30pm

Full social distancing was maintained during the meeting

  1. PRESENT County Cllr S Lumley, Cllr D. Fothergill, Cllr. S Ramsden , Cllr A Sykes, Cllr M Wells, Cllr J Carter, Cllr A. Challis and Clerk Mr Alan Bean

  2. APOLOGIES Cllr R. Watson, Cllr B Harrison, Cllr J Graham,

  3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST Cllr S Ramsden for planning application

  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Proposed Cllr D Fothergill, Seconded Cllr M Wells,

  5. MATTERS ARISING nothing to report

  6. COUNCILLORS REPORTS Cllr S Lumley explained NYCC is still holding virtual meetings, although decisions are based on face to face meetings as well. This is because of the 70 councillors for each meeting, which could be a big issue with covid. Harrogate borough council is face to face meetings. The Gateway project has received £11million funding. It is planning to use finds on Harrogate Bus station and Taxi rank.

  7. FIRE STATION There has been a lull in communications to the station. The Fire chief has now changed . The council is to contact the New Fire Chief. Possibly to arrange a meeting.

  8. RIGHTS OF WAY Pack Horse bridge was discussed last meeting. Nothing new to add.

  9. CCTV Nothing to report

  10. STREET LIGHTS No1 light at Middlesmoor was removed, we are awaiting details of replacement is due to take place.

  11. TELEPHONE BOXES awaiting repaint

  12. RAMSGILL No issue to report

  13. PARKING NEAR RESERVOIR Planning \Officer has requested information as to the parking space, the council is forwarding all it knows.

  14. HIGHWAYS The bridge at Wath has been damaged recently. Cllr S Lumley reported Highways and NYCC are still in discussions about the repairs to the outhwaite Reservoir road.The council is to contact both to try and get appropiate information on what is happening, and get signage to warn motorists. There is also an issue with grasses growing very high . Hihways to be contacted

  15. PLAYGROUNDS REPORT Nothing to report

  16. PARISH CARETAKER Nothing new to report.

  17. PLANNING APPLICATIONS 21/02595/PNH Artists Retreat Trapping Hill Lofthouse Mr Peter Galvin Again the council is against this application, as this is not a suitable place for accomodation, and original plans specifically stated not for accomodation.

    21/02863/S106 Lee And Holmes Builders Yard Middlesmoor Mr Colin Gray A financial concession has already been made for these properties, as such the council feels there is no reason to give more.

    21/02875/PNT56 Reservoir In Moor Lane Middlesmoor EE (UK) Ltd Cllr S Ramsden stayed ut of this discussion. The council agrees fully with this application, and ask if other providers will be allowed to use this mast.

  18. COMMUTED SUMS Ongoing.

  19. MILLENIUM MARQUEE Nothing to report

  20. PINFOLD nothing to report

  21. WEBSITE nothing to report

  22. DOG BINS



  25. CORRESPONDENCE A letter was received regarding the placing of a bench near Gouthwaite reservoir Cllr R Watson, working with Cllr S Ramsden would contact them about possible places to place a bench

ACCOUNTS DETAILS as per statements received up to 30/06/21

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 30/06/21 £ 2683.69

Balance of Business Account at 30/06/21 £ 9216.27 £ 11899.95

RECEIPT Interest 0.02p



Clerks Pay £191.99

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. NEXT MEETING will be held at Middlesmoor Village Hall Monday 13th September 2021 7.30pm

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated………………………………….