Minutes for January 2019

Minutes from January 2019 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 608512 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 14th January 2019 at Ramsgill Village Hall at 7.30pm

  1. PRESENT Cllr R Watson (Chairman), Cllr S Ramsden (Vice Chairman), Cllr J Carter , Cllr A Challis, Cllr J Graham, Cllr D Fothergill, Cllr S Lumley

  2. APOLOGIES Cllr A Sykes, Cllr B Harrison,


  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING proposed Cllr S Ramsden, Seconded Cllr D Fothergill

  5. IT WAS WITH DEEP SADNESS THE COUNCIL WAS INFORMED OF THE DEATH OF COUNCILLOR P NETHERCOAT he died in a tragic accident over the Christmas period. The council held a minutes silence for this beloved councillor who was respected in the community and had served the area with vigour over the past years.

  6. RAMSGILL CARPARK Over 30 members of the public attended the meeting to discuss of a car park was wanted the Ramsgill area. A previous failed planning application had brought forward this discussion, and some members of the council had put together a suggestion of what a carpark may entail. It was put to a vote with those present, and the community voted for NO to any car park. The council stated no such development now or in the future, would therefore take place with the consent of this council.


  8. COUNCILLORS REPORTS Cllr S Lumley reported it was budget time for HBC and NYCC and that they are still looking at what budgets will be. He stated that one of the major costs councils have to consider is for those over 65. In this current year that in North Yorkshire it is 1 in 5 people, however in 5 years that will hit 1 in 3 people. He also added that compared with many councils HBC and NYCC are both in a good sound footing. The government inspector is currently looking at the Local area plan. Digital style street speed signs are soon to be available for local parish councils to consider purchase of.

  9. RIGHTS OF WAY Forms have been sent our to local residents before forwarding theses to the relevant government body

  10. HIGHWAYS Stean road issue receieved an apology form the highways dept. The issue was the size of machine sent to do the work, wouldn’t fit down the road. A future date will be forwarded when arranged. It was suggested to put small amount of yellow lines on the bridge at Ramsgill to stop people parking on the blind corner.

  11. PLAYGROUNDS REPORT Cllr J Carter forwarded her report, however due to the death of Cllr P Nethercoat, no report was received from Lofthouse. There will be someone from the council arranged to do this in the future. This will be arranged at the next meeting.

  12. PARISH CARETAKER Caretaker to replace gate post at Lofthouse

  13. RAMSGILL GREEN Inspector has decided this is common land.

  14. PLANNING APPLICATIONS 18/05145/FUL Mr And Mrs Middlemiss The Old Vicarage The council has no objections

  15. MILLENIUM MARQUEE Nothing to report

  16. PINFOLD nothing to report

  17. WEBSITE nothing to report

  18. COMMUTED SUMS The council is discussing with the local community and Harrogate Borough Council to use the funds allotted to the area


  20. ACCOUNTS as per statements received up to 31/12/18

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 31/12/18 £ 2625.91

Balance of Business Account at 31/12/18 £ 3929.53

£ 6555.44

RECEIPT Interest 0.45p


Invoice For Parish Clerk £228.73

Caretaker Invoice £45

J E Bensons £453.12

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. NEXT MEETING 11th February 2019 at Lofthouse Village Hall at 7.30pm

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated………………………………….