Minutes for February 2021

Minutes from February 2021 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 608512 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 15th February 2021 online on Zoom at 7.30pm

Full social distancing was maintinated during the meeting

  1. PRESENT Cllr R.Watson, Cllr D. Fothergill, Cllr A Sykes, Cllr M Wells, Cllr A. Challis, Cllr J Carter, Cllr J Graham, County Cllr S Lumley, and Clerk Mr Alan Bean

  2. APOLOGIES Cllr B Harrison, Cllr. S Ramsden


  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Proposed Cllr D Fothergill, Seconded Cllr R. Watson,


  6. COUNCILLORS REPORTS The County Councillor S Lumley gave an ongoing overview of how the council is currently work, under Lockdown. Not a great deal had occurred because of the Lockdown, but council services are continuing as before as staff are, where they can, working from home to help members of the community. The ongoing issue of Ramsgill road, and the damage next to the reservoir was brought up with the County Councillor. He stated he would continue to push this, where upon the Chair stated he would send to Highways, with the County Councillor, photos of the damage. This isnt the first time this has been sent, but the Councty Councillor stated he would put pressure on the Highways dept. He did add that works are limited due to the ongoing lockdown. Cllr A Sykes reported water from his neighbours which County Council are needed to deal with. Tis was mentioned to County Councillor S Lumley. Cllr J Carter also brought up water on road issues near wath playground which is covered in Highways

  7. FIRE STATION No call outs have occurred since last meeting

  8. RIGHTS OF WAY It was suggested that Rights of Way signs are needed for exisiting pathways. Not only to help visitors, but to protect local landowners from people going the wrong way across their land.

  9. CCTV . The CCTV is still operating fine, but it was suggested ANPR could be an option. At this stage it is only information requested.

  10. STREET LIGHTS Currently all working however one light in Middlesmoor has been removed, due to being rotten

  11. TELEPHONE BOXES The repair to Middlemorr has happened, but paint work isn’t due until the summer months

  12. RAMSGILL Ramsgill church wall has seen someone working on it the week. This is thought to be the church repairing it.

  13. HIGHWAYS In the councillor reports, it was discussed about Ramsgill road, and the damage next to the reservoir. Water on the road near Wath playground is also being reported.

  14. PLAYGROUNDS REPORT Repairs to Lofthouse playground are being arranged.

  15. PARISH CARETAKER It was discussed about getting a number of people to cover work for the caretaker role, maybe on contract or adhoc basis. It was discussed the grass cutting to be handled by one contractor, then other work as and when needed by appropiate businesses. At the moment nothing has been confirmed apart from getting grass cut by existing contractor, until finalising other work.

  16. PLANNING APPLICATIONS The following responses had been agreed prior to the meeting

    20/05220/FUL Yew Bank House Ramsgill

    20/05116/FUL Corn Close Farm No Objection

    21/00088/DVCO Park House Lofthouse No Objection

    21/00318/FUL 5 Nidd View Lofthouse object to this application in its present form

    21/00258/FUL Fountains Farm Cottage Lofthouse No Objection

    21/00330/FUL Fountains Cottage Bouthwaite object as ruins the traditional style of the existing building

  17. COMMUTED SUMS Ongoing.

  18. PRECEPT Nothing to report

  19. MILLENIUM MARQUEE Potential Booking for 2022, nothing else to report

  20. PINFOLD Nothing to report

  21. WEBSITE nothing to report

  22. ACCOUNTS as listed below. .


  24. CORRESPONDENCE nothing

ACCOUNTS DETAILS as per statements received up to 30/09/20

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 31/01/21 £ 2683.59

Balance of Business Account at 31/01/21 £ 6862.23

£ 9545.82

RECEIPT Interest 0.02p


Clerks Pay and consumeables £160.00

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. NEXT MEETING will be subject to lockdown so will be announced nearer the time

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated………………………………….