Minutes December 2022

Minutes from December 2022 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 07419 583881 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 12th December at Middlesmoor Village Hall at 7.30pm

  1. PRESENT Chair Cllr. S Ramsden, Cllr D. Fothergill, Cllr A. Challis, Cllr J Carter, Cllr M Wells, Cllr A Sykes, Cllr D Verity, Cllr J Graham, County Cllr A Murday and Clerk Mr Alan Bean

  2. APOLOGIES District Cllr S Lumley


  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Proposed Cllr S Ramsden, Seconded Cllr D Fothergill

  5. MATTERS ARISING According to contact from Lofthouse Community, the school has stated that the governors are full Lofthouse school. As far as Councillor Murday is aware, there are vacancies. Between Cllr A Challis, Cllr D Fothergill and Cllr S Ramsden, they are going to create a letter to send to the school and County Councillor Dixon to find out what is happening as the council believes it is important to have local representation in the school.

  6. COUNCILLORS REPORTS County Councillor Murday reported There is possibility of a reduced bus service between Pateley and Harrogate. Second house owners are due to be charged double council tax in the coming years. The late night opening evening was a success in Pateley Bridge. The final proposals about the upcoming changes for the new council setup is to take place in February.


  8. CCTV The council agreed Cllr S Ramsden to look into new CCTV equipment

  9. STREET LIGHTS Two street lights at the Crown at Lofthouse, which are numbered 4 and 5, are not working. These appear to be missed of the North Yorkshire list of street lights. As such clerk is to email North Yorkshire County Council to sort this. It has been noted that gritting isnt happening between Lofthouse and Masham. Clerk is contacting highways to find out why.


  11. CORONATION PLANNING A coronation planning meeting is to be planned for the 20th January at Lofthouse Village Hall, at 630pm.


  13. HIGHWAYS North Yorkshire County Council highways department has replied regarding the reservoir road to Ramsgill. They state the road is safe, but funds are not available at the moment to repair the road. The parish council disagrees and have informed County Councillor Murday

  14. PLAYGROUNDS Inspection report is due through soon.

  15. PARISH CARETAKER nothing to report


22/04441/FUL ABK Invest UK The council supports the application.

22/04556/PNA Mr Oliver Write The council suggests the build could be nearer existing buildings. The council doesn’t object or support the application

  1. COMMUTED SUMS Seats are in process of being fitted and funding due soon from HBC

  2. MILLENIUM MARQUEE £50 recieved

  3. PINFOLD At Ramsgill a new gate is needed. Chair is going to get quotes. Council agreed up to £150.

  4. WEBSITE Nothing to report

  5. ACCOUNTS as listed below

  6. PRECEPT It was agreed by the council to increase precept by 5%

  7. CORRESPONDENCE Correspondence was received regarding new recycling/rubbish bins. Chair is going to liaise with council for positioning of new bins

ACCOUNTS DETAILS as per statements received up to 31/10/22

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 31/10/22 £ 2686.50

Balance of Business Account at 31/10/22 £ 15369.49 £ 18055.99

RECEIPT Interest 0.89p



The following payments were agreed by the council

Clerks Pay £179.92

J E Benson £883.99

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. NEXT MEETING will be held at Ramsgill Village Hall on 9th January 2023 7.30pm

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated………………………………….