Minutes December 2021

Minutes from December 2021 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 608512 E-mail:

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON Monday 13th December 2021 at Middlesmoor Village Hall at 7.30pm

Full social distancing was maintained during the meeting

  1. PRESENT Chair Cllr R. Watson, Cllr. S Ramsden,, Cllr J Carter, Cllr A. Challis, Cllr D. Fothergill, Cllr A Sykes, Cllr M Wells , and Clerk Mr Alan Bean

  2. APOLOGIES County Cllr S Lumley, Cllr J Graham


  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Proposed Cllr D. Fothergill, Seconded Cllr M Wells

  5. MATTERS ARISING Applications for new councillor are ongoing, Chair Cllr R Watson is putting notices up for applicants

  6. COUNCILLORS REPORTS Councillors brought up the fencing near the far side of Gouthwaite Reservoir, and the fact it is dangerous. The landowner has been contacted and stated the tenant is looking into it.

  7. FIRE STATION Work is carried out to rejuvenate the property. The council agreed to pay towards this with £181.

  8. CCTV Nothing to report

  9. STREET LIGHTS Middlesmoor light at top of village is still waiting on work. Chair is going to chase up.

  10. RAMSGILL One of the benches at Ramsgill is in need of repair. With funding going towards a new bench at Ramsgill, the council is considering moving the plaque over to the new bench. It was also mentioned a footpath sign has rotted. As the council is in the process of using someone to repair another sign, the council decided to wait until after we see the work on that post, before looking into others to repair. Due to a misunderstanding with Ramsgill church and the council, Ramsgill didn’t get a wreath this past November. It was agreed in future all villages will get a wreath placed, weither or not others are planning on placing a wreath.

  11. PARKING NEAR RESERVOIR Nothing to report

  12. HIGHWAYS No further news on the reservoir road issues. The council did contact highways to but received a response of “research is ongoing” The chair is going to talk to other departments at the County Council to try and get momentum going.

  13. PLAYGROUNDS REPORT .Nothing new to report

  14. PARISH CARETAKER The council is looking into putting hardcore down on a footpath


21/04774/FUL Edge Barn Lofthouse – The Council has no Objection

21/04899/FUL 5 Nidd View Lofthouse – The Council has no Objection

  1. COMMUTED SUMS We now have allocated funds for 2 benches, Ramsgill and Middlesmoor, and funding from County Council for Lofthouse

  2. MILLENIUM MARQUEE Nothing to report

  3. PINFOLD nothing to report

  4. WEBSITE There is currently an issue with Iphones and websites. The latest update has altered where menus appear. This is something that is being worked on, but is an international issue.

  5. PRECEPT A small increase in the precept was agreed, partially to cover funding for a Jubilee event, and work that has been put to one side during lockdowns, meaning something may take more work than would have previously. The council has also been able to reduce some costs for the next year. It will increase from £8000 pa to £8662 pa

  6. ACCOUNTS as listed below

  7. OTHER BUSINESS It was agreed to create a meeting to get volunteers to help with jubilee celebrations in the area. It is to be held on Friday 28th January at 6pm


ACCOUNTS DETAILS as per statements received up to 30/11/21

Balance of Millennium Marquee Account at 30/11/21 £ 2683.79

Balance of Business Account at 30/11/21 £ 11296.30 £ 13980.09

RECEIPT Interest 0.02p



Clerks Pay £211.48

Fire Station £181.16

  1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS Nothing to report

  2. NEXT MEETING will be held at Ramsgill Village Hall on Monday 10th January 2022 7.30pm

SIGNED BY ………………………………………………………………. Dated………………………………….