Minutes of December 2016

Minutes from December 2016 meeting

Parish Clerk: Mr Alan Bean
21 Doublegates Avenue, Ripon, HG4 2TP
Tel.: 01765 606395 E-mail: clerk4unpc@aol.co.uk

Minutes taken by Mr Alan Bean
HELD ON MONDAY 12 DECEMBER 2016 at 7.30 pm

  1. PRESENT Cllr S. Ramsden (Chairman); Cllr D. Fothergill; Cllr C. Lamb; Cllr J. Carter; Cllr A Challis; Cllr S Lumley, Cllr J Fort, Cllr J Graham, Cllr B Harrison

  2. APOLOGIES Cllr P Nethercoat


  4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING Minutes for Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 14 November 2016, were proposed by Cllr J Carter. seconded by Cllr C Lamb and signed by Chairman Cllr Ramsden and agreed by all Councillors present as a true and accurate copy


– Telephone Boxes – Currently no reply has been received from BT regarding the telephone boxes, however it was noted that 2 people from Lofthouse, if BT decide to remove the phones, are willing to maintain the boxes themselves (without electrics)

– Cummuted Sums – No new figures received

– Bank Mandate – Forms previously received is unsuitable, so clerk is going to talk to Harrogate to get right forms sorted for next meeting


Cllr J Fort reported the issues over Ramsgill Village Green is now being dealt within Legal depts. Resurfacing of the road for Tour De Yorkshire is going to take place as soon as possible before Spring 2017. The crime policy update is now available to view online. He also reported he is being appointed to the Yorkshire Dales National Park committee

Cllr S Lumley reported the replacement website for “Fix My Street” is now live, called “Report Online” Boundaries commission has accepted Harrogates plan, and reminded the Parish Council that Harrogate Council will be up for re-election in 2 years. The route for Tour De Yorkshire was confirmed to be going through Lofthouse on Saturday 29th April 2017. He also mentioned that Harrogate council have some student grants still available for this coming year

Before giving her report, Cllr C Lamb announced her resignation as member of Parish Council from this meeting,

In her report, Cllr C Lamb reported a parishioner had raised concerns about the saplings on Grange Lane. With regard to the War Memorial at Ramsgill, Cllr C Lamb stated they needed a quote for work, before the funding can be given. As Cllr C Lamb has resigned as member of Parish Council from this meeting, and as she has put a lot of work into the war memorial at Ramsgill, she has agreed to contact Abbotts of Ripon, with photos of the memorial, to get a quote. She will then, when figures arrive, report to Cllr S Ramsden


Cllr S Ramsden gave a suggestion which the council agreed with. It would be a good idea to invite the newly appointed Super Intendant of Highways to visit the area, taking the intendant around the area with a number of the Parish Cllrs. This may well especially be suitable with the Tour De Yorkshire coming through the area shortly.


Cllr J Carter reported sign on metal gate at Lofthouse had fallen off. Parental signs are still pending


Cllr J Carter reported the caretaker is extremely busy at the moment, and is fully booked until the middle of next week. Signs are in the process of being made ready for playgrounds. The quotes requested from the caretaker, regarding saplings, he stated he was unable to do. Cllr J Carter to ask for a guide to costs from him, before getting him to do the work. Yorkshire water are to be asked for a contribution, especially as Tour De Yorkshire is coming soon, and they will be travelling that road. It was also requested if the caretaker could look at clearing gulleys and trim hedges at playground.

  1. MILLENIUM MARQUEE – nothing to report

  2. PINFOLD – Noting to report


At the start of the meeting, Father and Son Mr Wright and Mr Wright visited the council to show plans before forwarding them to planning dept regarding a barn next to the cricket pitch at Lofthouse. Although there is no requirement for anyone producing plans to do this, the council did appreciate this.No comment either way was given on these plans

6.28.99,FUL 16/05098/FUL

Yorkshire Water plans for Gouthwaite Reservoir – parish council supports the application

6.17.3.B.FUL 16/04540/FUL

The Crown, Lofthouse plans for conversion of store room – Parish Council has no objections


Cheques to YLCA training £115.00 S Whiting £294.24 A Bean £190.00

Discussion occurred over transparency fund, It was confirmed next month £60 is due to be paid to A Bean for training already given, and the remaining funds left from transparency, if it could be used towards other items used for the council. A number of items were suggested, but first to find out if it was possible. Clerk to contact relevant bodies.

  1. CORRESPONDENCE – nothing to report

  2. TOUR DE YORKSHIRE – already discussed earlier

  3. WEBSITE – nothing to report

  4. NEXT MEETING – Monday 9th January 2017 7.30pm,